Skip to content
- Miller, J. E. (2004). The Chicago guide to writing about numbers: The effective presentation of quantitative information. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.
- Olson, R. (2009). Don’t be such a scientist: Talking substance in an age of style. Washington, DC: Island Press.
- Sword, H. (2012). Stylish academic writing. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
“How to” Publish
- Ashkanasy, N. M. (2008). Submitting your manuscript. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 29(3), 263-264.
- Bartels, J. M, Glass, L. A., Kreiner, D. S., & Ryan, J. J. (2009). The pursuit of publication: Authors’ perceptions of and responses to peer-review. North American Journal of Psychology, 11(1), 1-16.
- Drotar, D. (2010). Editorial: Guidance for submission and review of multiple publications derived from the same study. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 35(3), 225-230.
- Hewlett , K. (2002). How to publish your journal paper: Understanding the nuances of the process smooths the publishing ride. Monitor, 33, (8), 50.
- Kalpakjian, C. Z., & Meade, M. (2008). Writing manuscripts for peer review: Your guide to not annoying reviewers and increasing your chances of success. Sexuality and Disability, 26(4), 229-240.
- Lounds, J., Oakar, M., Knecht, K., Moran, M., Gibney, M., & Pressley, M. (2002). Journal editors’ views on the criteria a paper must meet to be publishable. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 27, 338-347.
- McGrail, M. R., Rickard, C. M., & Jones, R. (2006). Publish or perish: A systematic review of interventions to increase academic publication rates. Higher Education Research & Development, 25(1), 19-35.
- Nihalani, P. K. & Mayrath, M. C. (2008). Publishing in educational psychology journals: Comments from editors. Educational Psychology Review, 20(1), 29-39.
- Porter, S. R. (2007). Writing and publishing a research paper in a peer-reviewed journal. Journal of Applied Research in the Community College, 14(2), 115-123.
- Pratt, M. G. (2009). For the lack of a boilerplate: Tips on writing up (and reviewing) qualitative research. Academy of Management Journal, 52(5), 858-862.